Help us achieve our mission of giving everyone access to Sit and Be Fit.
Reach Out To Your PBS Station
We offer Sit and Be Fit to all public television stations, for free. It is up to each individual station to determine if, when, and how often they will air the series. In the world of public television, your voice matters.
- If your local PBS station doesn’t air Sit and Be Fit…contact the Program Director or person in charge of programming. The mission of a Public Television station is to serve their community through media that changes lives. Sit and Be Fit embodies that mission. Share your enthusiasm! It may be contagious.
- If your local PBS station airs Sit and Be Fit…thank the Program Director and/or General Manager for prioritizing the needs of older adult viewers. Consider donating to your public television station as a way of thanking them.
- If your local PBS station doesn’t air Sit and Be Fit as often as you would like, or at convenient times…ask the Program Manager if they would consider airing the program more often, or in a better time slot. Find the number of your PBS station here.
Advocate to Family and Friends
- Tell family, friends, and neighbors about Sit and Be Fit. Let them know when, and where, the program airs in your community. To find where the program airs in other parts of the United States go to Where We Air.
- Do Sit and Be Fit together!
Advocate to Healthcare Providers
- Let your physicians and healthcare providers know about how Sit and Be Fit has impacted your health.
- Sit and Be Fit has free brochures available for doctors’ offices and clinics. To order these resources, e-mail us at [email protected]
Speak to Your Local Library
- Sit and Be Fit DVD’s are offered to public libraries at a discount. Most public libraries are open to suggestions from patrons.