Spread the word about Sit and Be Fit and help us grow our mission of making free health and wellness media available to all. Thank you for being an advocate for senior fitness programming in your community. Thank you for speaking up.
Advocate To Your PBS Station –In the world of public television, your voice matters.
- If your local PBS station doesn’t air Sit and Be Fit…give them a call and talk with the Program Director or the person in charge of deciding what programs their station airs. Your enthusiasm may prompt them to consider the benefits for the community to air Sit and Be Fit. Promotes healthy aging via TV programming supports a healthy community, and that’s what Sit and Be Fit is all about.
- If your local PBS station airs Sit and Be Fit…call and thank the Program Director and/or General Manager. Let them know how much you appreciate them prioritizing the needs of older adults in your community.
- If your local PBS station doesn’t air Sit and Be Fit as often as you like, or at convenient times…give them a call to see if they would consider airing the program more often or in a better time slot. Find the number of your PBS station here.
Advocate to Family and Friends
- Tell your family, friends and neighbors about Sit and Be Fit and how the program helps you feel and function better.
- Tell them the exact time and channel the program airs in you community. If they live elsewhere, they can go to Where We Air to find a PBS station in their area.
- Watch Sit and Be Fit together!
Advocate to Healthcare Providers
- Let your physicians and health care providers know that you watch Sit and Be Fit and the value you find in it for your health and wellness.
- Tell them when and where the program airs in your area so they can pass the information on to other patients and clients.
- Let them know Sit and Be Fit has free brochures available for doctors offices and clinics. They can be ordered by e-mail [email protected] or phone (888)678-9438.