There are so many ways you can help Sit and Be Fit. Click on an icon below to learn more!
If you or your family members shop online you can help our non-profit organization financially and it won’t cost you a dime! Below are two different ways you can do your online shopping as you normally would and participating business will donate a portion of your purchase to Sit and Be Fit!
1) Amazon: Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service. Shop at smile.amazon.com and Amazon will donate to Sit and Be Fit.
2) Giving Assistant: Do your online shopping through Giving Assistant to save money and support Sit and Be Fit! You can support Sit and Be Fit while shopping online at thousands of stores like Old Navy, Office Depot, and Hobby Lobby.
If your local PBS station already airs Sit and Be Fit, give them a call and let the Program Manager know how much you appreciate them airing the series! Viewer feedback makes a big impact on programming choices made by your station. Hearing from you is the best way to help keep the program on the air.
If Sit and Be Fit is not airing in your community, or not airing often, give your local PBS station a call. Ask to speak with the person on staff who makes programming decisions, typically the Program Manager. Talk with them about the possibility of airing Sit and Be Fit as part of their community outreach, helping older adults in your area stay healthy and independent. Sit and Be Fit is free to all PBS stations. Again, public television tends to listen to viewer feedback, so let your voice be heard!
Share Sit and Be Fit with your healthcare providers! Let them know how the program has helped you so they can let other patients know about this free resource.
As a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, Sit and Be Fit welcomes support in the form of donations. These gifts help us to continue our mission of making exercise programming available to everyone through public television. If you are able to help us financially, know that your gift goes directly to our program service budget that produces and distributes Sit and Be Fit on television. It is impossible to imaging doing this program without you! To join our efforts, click on the link below.
Tribute Gifts made in honor or in memory of someone are a great way to pay personal tribute to them. When there is an occasion to celebrate, or a life to remember, donating to Sit and Be Fit in a person’s name is a special way to recognize them. You will be acknowledged as the giver and a card will be sent to the honoree, or family, letting them know that they have been honored in this way. We do not disclose the amount of the donation, unless requested. A tribute gift may be made online by following the link below which will take you to our donation page. Don’t forget to select Tribute Gift. You can also call Sit and Be Fit at (509) 448-9438 or toll free at 1(888)678-9438.
- Follow us on Facebook and share our posts with others.
- Like our YouTube videos and share them with others. Click here to visit the Sit and Be Fit YouTube channel.
- When you do a Google search for Sit and Be Fit you will see, on the right side bar, a place to write a review. It would be wonderful if you gave us a 5 star rating and let the world know the value of the program!
Sit and Be Fit is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and as such can be remembered through a Planned Estate Giving Bequest in your will. There are two primary types of planned estate giving bequests: specific and residuary. In a specific request, your will specifies a dollar amount or a particular asset, such as securities, real estate or tangible personal property. In a residuary bequest, your will gives a beneficiary, such as Sit and Be Fit, all or a percentage of the remainder of your estate after the payment of estate-related expenses and other specifically named legacies. It’s best if you seek the advice of a professional adviser whenever making decisions about making a planned estate giving bequest.