The Sit and Be Fit television series is an abundant supply of free exercise programs for young viewers. The program is used in childcare settings across the country. Getting young people started in an exercise program introduces them to the concept of making exercise part of their daily life.
Young People Love Sit and Be Fit
Several generations of young people have grown up watching Sit and Be Fit.
According to Neilson demographic data:
- Children, ages 2-11 make up the second largest demographic group of Sit and Be Fit viewers, second only to women 65+.
- 44,000 children ages 2-11 viewed Sit and Be Fit during the month of July.
Young viewers report watching Sit and Be Fit for the following reasons:
- Host, Mary Ann Wilson’s calm, gentle voice and manner, perfect for leading children’s exercise classes.
- The fun, challenging exercise movements used in Sit and Be Fit programs appeal to children.
- Programming variety keeps children exercising without becoming bored.
- Colorful, upbeat music used on Sit and Be Fit is well-suited for children and exercise.
Mary Ann and Tiffany Abrams in the Green Room at KSPS. 7/25/2012
Children exercising with Sit and Be Fit say this:
“I really like SIT AND BE FIT a lot because it’s fun! Every time I watch I feel good.”
“My daughter (11) and I have been exercising with Sit and Be Fit everyday this summer. We both enjoy it very much and it’s a good daily activity to do over the summer. My daughter is a very talented dancer and she feels it is important for her to exercise her muscles so she can become an even better dancer.”
Dion and Josephine
“It is 3:00 and I just finished watching Sit and Be Fit . Mary Ann Wilson is my favorite person in the whole world. Your show is very relaxing. You’re always smiling and so nice.”
“Your program, Sit and Be Fit , is perfect for my 15 month old granddaughter. You are reinforcing her new words like up up, down down, sit; counting 1 – 2 – 1 – 2; and again again. It is a nice supplement to her Baby Einstein videos and Teletubbies.”
Carol K., referring to
Haley, 15 months
EXERCISE PROGRAMS FOR DAYCARE PROVIDERS
“The Sit and Be Fit Kid’s Workout is excellent. My own children as well as my day care kids really enjoy it. It helps pass the winter months when outdoor play time is limited because of the snow and coldness. Even my 2 1/2 year old tries to imitate it. My own children have special needs. My oldest has down syndrome. The video is so good in helping him with his fine & gross motor skills & strengthening his muscles in a fun way. You should make sure other day care providers know about these exercise programs.”
Airway Hts, WA