Here’s an easy exercise you can do regularly to help strengthen and tone the abdominal muscles. Begin by sitting all the way back in a chair for full back support. If you’re unable to sit all the way back without keeping your feet flat on the floor place a firm pillow or something behind for that necessary back support.
Place the center of the band around the back of the chair at waist height and hold ends of band in front (as shown).
1) Take a deep breath in. While breathing out slowly, tighten the abdominal muscles and press the small of the back into the back of the chair.
2) Attempt to pull the belly button toward the spine.
3) Push forward gently with both arms.
4) Relax and inhale when you are ready to take the next breath.
5) Repeat multiple times as tolerated.
Strengthen Abdominal Muscles without Crunching
Abdominal Exercises on the Floor